Heart-Tee Blue Tea 20 Bags
Heart-tee Blue Tee is made from 100% pure butterfly pea flowers (Clitoria ternatea). A mild tasting tea with intense blue color. Heart-Tee Blue Tee is a very high source of anthocyanin antioxidants.
Butterfly pea flowers are known as Dok Anchan in Thailand. Traditionally served as a delicious welcome iced tea with lemon and honey to travelers in Thailand, it has an amazing vivid blue color which can change to royal purple and then bright pink when lime juice (acid) is added.
Blue-Tee teabags each contain the equivalent of 16 premium butterfly pea flowers.
- Hot or iced herbal tea - Mix one Blue tea bag with one Heart-Tee Hibiscus teabag for added boost of flavor and antioxidants.
- Add honey and lemon for the traditional Thai welcome drink – nam dok anchan
- Liquor infusions and cocktail ingredient
- Punch ingredient
- Add pieces of chopped citrus and berries for a healthy punch
- Butterfly pea flowers have a neutral taste and very mild aroma kind of like peas. In some preparations there is no evidence of taste or aroma just the pure blue color.
Traditionally served in Thailand with honey & lemon
- Naturally bright blue
- Changes from blues to purples & pinks depending on surrounding light & the acidity (pH) of the drink or food it is mixed with.
- More Acid = More Purple - It is blue at pH 8 to pH 4. It changes to royal purple at pH 3 and to bright pink at pH 2.
- High source of anthocyanin antioxidants
- In Thai herbal medicine Butterfly Pea is used for improving memory, circulation and eyesight*.
*based on scientific studies and/or traditional medical and herbal uses
- 40g/1.41oz net
- 20 foil sealed teabags per box